Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Personal Testimony of Jonathan Stickland




The Personal Testimony of Jonathan Stickland


Thru his website Jonathan Stickland has issued the following response to the despicable negative campaign launched by his challenger Scott Fisher:


I talked with Scott Fisher days after he announced his campaign and we both agreed to run very positive campaigns, focused on our differences on the issues. It’s clear he never had any intention of keeping his word, and it is disappointing that he would chose to attack me and my family three days after Christmas.

Anyone who knows my testimony, my family, friends, and many supporters, are aware that I smoked marijuana regularly in high school and my early collegiate years. Let me even go a step further and say throughout my teens and twenties I have said and done things I wish I hadn’t. But by the Grace of God my past sins are forgiven.

Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush and I have all smoked marijuana. I never grew marijuana. But I hope and pray that my daughters never make the mistake I made, and that, if they do fail, they know of the forgiveness readily available.

Scott Fisher knows that I represent the Christian conservative values of my constituents, so he has instead decided to focus on a post I made at 17 years old, and mistakes I made in my teens and twenties. It’s disappointing that politics has gotten to this point where even a pastor will stoop this low.

Every campaign I have run has focused on the issues, but if Mr. Fisher wants to make this campaign about my personal testimony, we can do that too.
So now my own comments:
 
Jonathan has said this well.  
 
The reason Stickland’s challenger is resorting to mud slinging is that he cannot win by campaigning on conservative issues.  Stickland is the only legislator in the House of Representatives to have a perfect conservative record.  Here are his scores:
Young Conservatives of Texas Score: 100
Even the Dallas Observer wrote:
"Considering Stickland's bona fides, it's hard to see much room for Fisher to attack the state representative from the right." 
(Oct. 2nd 2015)
 
I issued a warning months about the Austin Establishment’s plan to oust Jonathan Stickland.  Back in October I uncovered a trail of money from the Straus Establishment to Joe Pojman and the Texas Alliance for Life (a “fake” pro-life group) and the close relationship between Pojman and Fisher.  Read the updated version of that blog by clicking here.  At the end of that most recent update, we warned you that Stickland’s challenger would soon be pouring thousands of dollars into a despicable negative campaign. Well now that has happened.
Do not let Straus and the Austin establishment succeed in their attempt to oust a conservative champion from the Texas House, and replace him with a Straus recruit!  I encourage you to join me in supporting true conservative Jonathan Stickland.

No comments:

Post a Comment