Sunday, February 18, 2018

Terry Munford's Close Friend: She was Terrified of her Husband!

 

Terry Munford's Close Friend: She was Terrified of her Husband!

In this blog we recently broke the news that James Munford's Ex-Wife has come forward to recount her years of physical abuse and sexual assault at his hands.  (Click Here to Read).  Some have accused this woman of lying.  Now Journalist Eddie Owens breaks important news which verifies the Ex-Wife's claims.  James Munford's current wife Terry Munford revealed her own fear of James Munford to her close friend.  (Read important analysis at the end of Owen's article.)


------------------------------------------------------

James Munford Terriefies Current Wife
By Eddie Owens, MA, APR


“Do you believe James Munford should not be a judge?”

That was the question proposed to Chris Arrington in a Facebook Messenger conversation last November after it was discovered Arrington and Munford’s wife had been friends since their college days at the University of Texas-Arlington beginning in the late 1970s.

Arrington’s answer: “Good question! Because I might fear for my life if he found out I was speaking the truth! …… But, to answer your question, no, he should not be a judge, based on the night he was chasing me with a gun and Terry fearing for her life!”

Munford, who is a candidate for the 322nd District Court position being vacated by his boss, Nancy Berger, has recently been accused by his ex-wife, Denia Mendenhall, of abuse and sexual assault during their marriage, which ended decades ago.

“In the mid-70s I was married to Jim Munford.  He was a vicious abuser and I wound up divorcing him. That he ever became a judge is that I failed, out of fear, to report him to the police,” Mendenhall said.

While some of Munford’s supporters have tried to discredit Mendenhall’s story, Arrington’s conversation with a private source last November seems to provide a second “smoking gun” as to his true nature.

“I asked him if he knew Terry Munford, and he said, ‘Of course! You know I do!”, the conversation read. “‘Well I didn’t until now, ’” the source replied.

In a conversation with this reporter the evening of Feb. 8, 2018, Arrington confirmed the online conversation and Terry Munford’s fear of her husband.

In the online conversation, the private source asked Arrington if he thought Munford should be a judge. He replied, “No, he should not be a judge, based on him chasing me with a gun and Terry fearing for her life! I know she was terrified of her husband!”

The private source added, “I know many of Munford’s supporters are trying to discredit his first wife’s accusations, but what I have been told not only supports Denia Mendenhall’s story, it also suggests this pattern has continued with Terry Munford.

“James Munford is not the type of person Tarrant County needs overseeing any of its family courts.”
A transcript of the conversation follows:

Redacted for privacy: Do you know Terry Munford?
Arrington: Of course! You know I do!
Redacted for privacy: Well I didn’t until now.
Arrington: So here again, why are you asking me these questions?
Redacted for privacy: Because I want to know the truth.
Redacted for privacy: I am not sure, but I would hope that you would help us defeat James B. Munford.
Arrington: Yes. Defeat? In what way.
Redacted for privacy: Defeat…..is defeat.
Arrington: So, how can my info help you?
Redacted for privacy: I’m not sure, but can I give your contact info to the people? Do you believe James Munford should not be a Judge?
Arrington: Good question! Because I might fear for my life if he found out I was speaking the truth!
Redacted for privacy: The truth will set you free.
Arrington: Let me think about it for a couple of days! The truth may also get me killed!! Based on what Terry M told me!!
Redacted for privacy: I promised you will not be killed…your wife might need a large diamond…
Arrington: Let me think about it!! But to answer your question, no, he should not be a judge, based on the night he was chasing me with a gun and terry fearing for her life! Or our lives, I should say. That’s all you get for now!!
Redacted for privacy: Oh sh--, oh sh--. Maybe we can talk on the phone tomorrow.
Arrington: Maybe!!
Redacted for privacy: do you really believe James Munford would hurt you or Terry Munford?
Arrington: What do I get out of this for telling the truth and having mine and my wife’s life placed in danger!
Redacted for privacy: …….The truth about James Munford needs to be told.
Arrington: ….most of what I can tell you is hearsay!! Totally based on what his wife told me!!….She made me scared of him…not as a person to be but what he could have done to me… I quote “he (her husband) can do WHATEVER he wants to do to you…he’s a judge”….I took that as anything and get away with it!! Is “killed” too strong of a word?? I don’t think so!! I know she was terrified of her husband!!
Redacted for privacy: Wow!! HE is an associate judge and he cannot do anything to you. If he gets elected as a District judge, he will have more power….

###


Eddie Owens, MA, APR, is a partner in Christian Bros. Marketing, a marketing and public relations firm based in Lubbock. A former newspaper reporter and editor, he has almost 40 years of marketing/public relations experience and is an Accredited Public Relations (APR) professional of the Public Relations Society of America. © 2018, Eddie Owens, all rights reserved.


---------------------------------------------------

Analysis by James Scott Trimm



In this dialog back in November of 2017 Arrington stated that Terry Munford was quote "fearing for her life!" and "I know she was terrified of her husband."

This is very similar to what Munford's Ex-Wife Denia had said to me:

“I still have fear of him to this day… Its been so long- but see- hear my nervous voice?  I mean I still get scared thinking about him.”

Like Denia, Chris Arrington was afraid to come forward.  He said: "I might fear for my life if he found out I was speaking the truth!"

When reminded that "The truth will set you free" (John 8:32) Arrington responded fearfully: 

"...The truth may also get me killed!! Based on what Terry M[unford] told me!"

Mr. Arrington said something amazingly similar to what Munford's ex-wife had said:

"She made me scared of him... not as a person to me, but what he could have done to me... I quote "he (her husband) can do WHATEVER he wants to you... he's a judge"... I took that as anything and get away with it!! Is "killed" too strong a word?? I don't think so!! I know she was terrified of her husband!!"

Lets compare their statements side by side (with quote from Terry Munford in red):


These are two people who did not know each other, and who were not aware of each other's statements.  These are two people who were separated by forty years and hundreds of miles, and yet they both state that Munford terrorized each of his two wives with a claim that he could, through his friends in high places and/or power as a judge, have someone... well you get the idea.

Yet James Munford serves as an Associate Court Judge in a Tarrant County Family Court, and is now running for District Court Judge of the 322nd Family Court!

I quote Chris Arrington  "he should not be a judge, based on... Terry fearing for her life!"

Certainly anyone who would abuse his power as a judge so as to put people in fear of their lives, does not have the temperament to serve as a judge in Family Court or any other court!

Chris Arrington has no involvement in this political race, was reluctant about coming forward.  He had no motive to lie.  Moreover he has never known Munford's ex-wife Denia, and he could not have known that the things he said in November 2017, would so closely agree with the things Denia would later say.  This new information demonstrates the old adage "once an abuser, always an abuser."  James Munford was an abuser then and he is an abuser now.  He has no place as a judge in a Family Court.











No comments:

Post a Comment